Friday, January 30, 2009

Factual Friday

This Friday snuck up on me.

Here's my fact:
I started really loving photography when I was at Sebring High School. I liked it before, but the only camera I had access to was an old Polaroid that my Grandpa bought me at a garage sale, and $10 was a lot for a fifth grader to spend on film!

So, in high school, when the school started paying for film, I really liked playing with cameras. I had to do a scrapbook for FFA, and I helped out with the yearbook. That really got me hooked. I bought myself a Canon Rebel (film) for graduation from high school and that started the era of my family giving me dirty looks and saying, "Ellie, really, put the camera away." =)

I took a couple of black and white film photography classes at Florida Southern College, where I met this fun guy named Drew. I even got to be the lab monitor in the darkroom my senior year.

I swore that I was never going to go digital because I loved developing my own photos so much, but then Drew got a Digital Rebel during our engagement and I saw how great it was to see the results of your shooting quickly, instead of waiting for weeks.

When we moved to Tampa, I decided to give wedding photography a try and Kurz Studio Photography was born!

Have a great weekend!
Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Reddit

No comments: